Η λίστα ιστολογίων μου

Τετάρτη 1 Δεκεμβρίου 2010

My Life in Ruins

Let's face it, I don't have Thanos' talent when it comes to making terrain. But being overworked and underpaid, I can't afford cool resin terrain, so I have to make best of what I have. What I had was a bunch of leftover pieces from Matchbox/Revell kits and a small Italeri kit aptly named Walls and Ruins. And several crappy CDs I'd gotten with the Sunday edition of Greek newspapers. Here are the results:

Here I've used the brick wall from the Matchbox Hanomag, a section of wall from (I think) the 17-pounder set, the sandbags from the Airfix Forward Command post, some plastic card, balsa wood and various kinds of sand used to make the ground base.

Here is just a section from the Walls and Ruins set. I've filled the back with plastic card and filled and sanded the joints between the 2 pieces.

I have a couple of more pieces like that in the works. They might not be the best looking terrain out there, but they are useful and highly resilient. Each one can house about half a squad or a crew-served weapon (mortar or machine gun).

That's all for now from Athens (still uncomfortably warm, still walking around in t-shirts).

4 σχόλια:

  1. I like them very much agaphte!
    The implementation of your ideas came out very well!
    As for me, I don't think I have anything special when it comes to terrain making. Modelling is the only thing that relaxes me, and helps me find my balance!
    Nothing more, nothing less!
    Keep up the good work agaphte!
    Prepei na brethoume kapoia stigmh! Tha eixe plaka na paiksoume me ta stratiwtakia mas!! :-)

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Thanks for the encouragement. I have quite a bit of terrain planned for the immediate future.
    Εχεις καταληξει σε κανονες? Ποτε θα πας Fasma ξανα?

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. Good morning agaphte!
    Lew na perasw shmera to apogeyma paraskeyh (kata tis 7.30 to blepw). Tha xarw poly na ta poume kai apo konta!
    T.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  4. Dimitri, don't be so hard on yourself, these have come out very well. I probably will copy the idea as I have been saving up these old bases from the Matchbox kits for an age waiting to pull my finger out an base them.

    Model on!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή